continue reading » NAFCU Executive Vice President of Government Affairs and General Counsel Carrie Hunt, Chief Economist and Vice President of Research Curt Long, and Senior Counsel for Research and Policy Andrew Morris met Friday with NCUA Office of Examinations and Supervision Director Scott Hunt to discuss the agency’s exam modernization efforts and 2020 supervisory priorities.The NCUA earlier this month released its 2020 supervisory priorities, which include Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance, current expected credit loss (CECL) standard implementation reviews, credit risk, cybersecurity, the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) transition, liquidity risk, and consumer financial protection regulations.In addition, the priorities included an update on its exam modernization efforts, noting that its pilot user portal, NCUA Connect, will become available to all credit unions and state regulators this year. In the second half of 2020, the agency will also release the Modern Examination and Risk Identification Tool (MERIT) to all examination staff.A recent NAFCU Compliance Blog post further explains the NCUA’s supervisory priorities and what credit unions can expect during examinations this year. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
The Governor also urged New Yorkers to wear masks and remain vigilant. “As states across the country struggle with new outbreaks related to reopening, New York’s numbers continue to go down to record lows,” Cuomo said. “Our progress is a direct result of New Yorkers’ discipline and hard work and an incremental, data-driven reopening.” Governor Andrew Cuomo said there were five deaths and 869 hospitalizations across the entire state on Saturday, June 27. (WBNG) — New York State recorded the lowest death toll and hospitalizations due to COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic.
It is a project of special benefits intended for domestic tourists, and the plan is to include businessmen and other entities in the field of tourism such as accommodation and catering facilities, national parks, nature parks, museums, theaters, rail and air transport and the like. The Assembly unanimously adopted the Work Report and Financial Report of UHPA for 2018, as well as the election of 10 members of the Management Board and 5 members of the Supervisory Board, UHPA reports. COMMON SENSE HAS OVERCOME IN THE CITY OF SPLIT: PRE-AGREED AND ANNOUNCED GROUPS WILL BE REALIZED UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS AS BEFORE The Supervisory Board of the following were selected: Maria-Gracia Baćac (MG Express doo, Kanfanar), Goran Bojković, (Danex-Umag doo, Umag), Vlado Ilišković (Ilišković doo, Korčula), Dragan Kostadinović (Shuttle doo travel agency, Split ) and Janko Mavrovic (Mediteran adria doo, Rijeka). As part of the Assembly, a presentation of the project “A week worth vacation” of the Ministry of Tourism and the Croatian National Tourist Board was held. The 05th Assembly of the UHPA Professional Association and the 40th Assembly of the UHPA Association of Employers were held on Wednesday (June 35) at the International Hotel in Zagreb. The mandate of the members of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board lasts 4 years and begins with the expiration of the mandate of the current convocation, which lasts until June 18.06.2019, XNUMX. years RELATED NEWS: U Management Board the following were selected: Euro Juričić (Atlas Rabac doo, Rabac) as a representative of regular members from the region of Istria, Dragan Brnić (TA Šiloturist, Šilo) as a representative of regular members from the Kvarner region, Mile Uroda (Škver tours – Navale turizam jdoo, Biograd na Moru) as a representative of regular members from the region of Northern Dalmatia, Jurica Glavina (Eklata doo, Split) as a representative of regular members from the region of Central Dalmatia, Maro Savinović (Atlant travel doo, Dubrovnik) as a representative of regular members from the region of Southern Dalmatia, Silvana Turčić (Obzor putovanja doo, Zagreb) i Robert Petrinović (Palma travel doo, Zagreb) as representatives of regular members from the region of Continental Croatia, Igor Popovic (Adriagate doo, Split) as a representative of regular members with the largest number of point votes, Maja Šimenc (DMK Vall 042 doo, Varaždin) as a representative of regular members with the lowest number of point votes Continental Croatia and Michele Bassanese (Plavo more doo, Umag) as a representative of regular members with the lowest number of point votes Primorska Hrvatska. “A week of rest worthwhile”
Categories: Letters to the Editor, OpinionThe Gazette’s Nov. 20 coverage of Joe Biden’s talk at Proctors before a sold-out enthusiastic gathering hit on the notes that were of “popular interest,” mainly the question of whether he will run for president in 2020.However, the article missed the most salient point he made and one that evoked the most vociferous response from the audience.He told the audience that ever since he first ran for public office when he was almost 30 years old, he decided he never wanted to take money from big donors nor get rich off his political power, so that he could remain independent in expressing his views. He expressed disdain for the current scenario in Washington, where big-money interests determine how politicians vote and that having the Supreme Court decision in the Citizen’s United case reversed is crucial.Without mentioning Trump’s name, the audience could easily conjure the greedy tentacles of our current president and the influence that big-donor money has on the Senate and House as the right ramrods through the halls of Congress a “tax reform” bill that is nothing but a Christmas present for big donors and corporations.This bill won’t in any way benefit the poor, the working class or middle class, despite the phony advertising campaign.Good for Biden.Al SingerGlenvilleMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Urgent: Today is the last day to complete the censusEDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motoristsFoss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen?EDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesEDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidation
Around 3,000 protesters packed Dam Square in the centre of Amsterdam, standing close together despite coronavirus social distancing measures, local media said.The protest was partly organized by a group that aims to stop the Dutch Christmas tradition of “Black Pete” — one of Santa’s helpers who is dressed in blackface.In Dublin, protestors marched on the US embassy on Monday afternoon, chanting Floyd’s name and taking a knee at the gates of the compound in a moment of silence.Police on the scene told AFP they estimated between 2,000 and 3,000 took part in the peaceful demonstration, surprising officers who had expected a modest turnout. Thousands of protesters rallied in the Dutch and Irish capitals on Monday against the death of a black man during an arrest by police in the United States.Defying coronavirus restrictions, demonstrators in both Amsterdam and Dublin carried signs saying “Black Lives Matter”, referring to the death of George Floyd in Minnesota.The protests that have roiled US cities for six nights have now spread around the world, with rallies as far afield as London and New Zealand. Racially diverse protestors carried placards reading “Black lives matter” and “Police murder”. One wore a face mask marked with the words “I can’t breathe”.”Who do you turn to when you can’t turn to the people that are meant to protect you?” said protestor Fionnuala O’Connell, reacting to the circumstances of Floyd’s death in police custody.”That’s the scariest part, because what do you do?””I feel like a lot of us have been silenced and we were afraid to speak out,” demonstrator Raphael Olympio told AFP.”Today we just want to speak out and raise our voices.” Topics :
Germany could have a framework for class action lawsuits by November, based on the coalition agreement struck by the country’s two largest parties.Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrat Union (CDU) and the Social Democratic Party (SPD) reached a deal on another grand coalition on 7 February after months of negotiation following inconclusive national elections last September.Their agreement, which is still to be ratified by SPD members, contains plans to introduce a framework for class action lawsuits to take effect by November this year.This would mean setting up model case proceedings (Musterfeststellungsverfahren) for all injured parties, such as consumers of products and investors in a company. According to Marc Schiefer, lawyer at TILP Litigation, however, such a framework probably would not help investors much, as the institutions presenting a claim would not have the financial means or legal back office to work on high-volume cases.Under the new system, a claim would be presented by a qualified institution, which is a registered association acting on behalf of injured parties. Volkswagen and Porsche cases showed the German system was not suited to deal with mass claimsSchiefer contrasted this with the class action system in the US, where the representative for European investors pursuing claims would be a law firm with enough financial means to pursue litigation, and not just a supportive consumer organisation without power or funds.He said the law would likely be approved by November, he said, “although the legislature has already worked for years on several other models for class actions that never came into effect”.German model versus US modelIn the US, a lead plaintiff represents the class from beginning to end, but in Germany registrations would be necessary, Schiefer said. He suggested that talking in terms of “mass action” was more appropriate. Under the proposed German framework, there would need to be a minimum of 10 injured parties with substantiated claims to start the proceedings. There would also have to be 50 registered individuals on a claims register to execute the proceedings.Any decision would be binding on all parties who had registered claims, if they had not withdrawn from the register before the first day of the oral hearing.Schiefer said the emissions scandal lawsuits currently being pursued against Volkswagen and Porsche had shown that the current procedural situation in Germany was not sufficient to deal with a mass of consumer claims.He said: “Consumers often refrain from claiming their rights due to high litigation costs, especially in cases where individual claims are for small amounts.”In Germany, each injured party must actively file their own complaint to get compensation. However, there is provision for a group model – the KapMuG – to allow court rulings won by individual investors to set damages for other investors in the same position.According to Schiefer, the drawback of KapMuG is that it is only for investors who have suffered losses on the capital market, not for consumers. He added that it only addresses abstract questions of law and fact, but does not completely and comprehensively resolve a case.
Stuff co.nz 26 June 2014Sex workers in Christchurch are experiencing violence or abuse on at least a monthly basis, police say.Detective Senior Sergeant Darryl Sweeney, the adult sexual assault team manager, said police were concerned by the “fairly common” victimisation of Christchurch’s prostitutes, much of which went unreported.Sex workers were often reluctant to interact with police, even if they experienced violence. Police were in constant contact with the Prostitutes’ Collective to “break down any barriers”, he said.“At least monthly we are dealing with a working girl being victimised in some way, if not more. When they do come forward, it’s taken very seriously,” Sweeney said.Last month, a sex worker in her 20s was assaulted in Cambridge Green, near the intersection of Barbadoes and Salisbury Sts, about 2.15am.Connor Stephen James Galloway, 20, was arrested three days later and charged with assault with intent to commit sexual violation. He will next appear in court on July 28.http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/10200534/Sex-workers-deserve-protection
Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World10 Characters Who Would Make Astounding Disney PrincessesA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World8 Shows That Went From “Funny” To “Why Am I Watching This”8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too Far Frenchman Peterhansel won his fourth stage of this year’s race in his mini ahead of Toyota’s Al-Attiyah in Haradh, and finished more than eight minutes ahead of overall leader Carlos Sainz. Sainz remains 10 minutes 23 seconds ahead of Peterhansel, who is third in the overall standings going into Friday’s final 374-kilometre stage between Haradh and Qiddiya, and the Spaniard is still on course for his third Dakar victory.Advertisement Stephane Peterhansel snatched a dramatic 11th stage of the Dakar Rally on Thursday when he pipped Nasser Al-Attiyah to the line by just 10 seconds. Peterhansel sneaks 10-second win in Dakar 11th stage Read Also: Dakar: Sainz stretches lead after navigating stage 10 However ‘Mr. Dakar’ Peterhansel, who has won the rally 13 times (seven in a car six on a bike), is just six seconds behind Qatari defending champion Al-Attiyah, who sits second. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…
Great American Ball Park on Monday (Image: Reds/ Twitter)CINCINNATI — For the second year in a row, the Cincinnati Reds are offering the opportunity for a lucky fan to host a Reds Caravan stop in their town.With the “Reds Caravan Takeover” promotion, fans can submit an essay of 200 words or less on why a stop at their home, school or business would make a great addition to the Reds Caravan tour that travels though Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee on Jan. 22-24, 2015.The winner and 20 guests will have the chance to participate in an exclusive meet and greet and autograph session with Reds players, broadcasters and front office staff.Last year’s winner of the Reds Caravan Takeover was Sherry Gregor of Bridgetown, Ohio.Essays will be accepted through Dec. 15, 2014 and the winner will be announced in mid-January.Official entry form, details of the promotion and contest rules can be found at reds.com/caravan.
ELLSWORTH — The Ellsworth baseball team stretched its winning streak to six games to climb to a Class B North-best 8-1 record after completing a doubleheader sweep of Presque Isle on Saturday and posting a 3-1 road win against John Bapst on Tuesday.Although the Eagles were designated as the road team for both games against Presque Isle, the teams played at Ellsworth High School because Presque Isle’s fields were deemed unfit for use. Ellsworth extended its shutout streak to five games with 6-0 and 12-0 wins over the Wildcats.In the first game, Ellsworth junior Conner Wagstaff struck out 10 batters and walked just one to improve his record to 3-0 on the season. Jared Hamilton, Jackson Curtis and Devin Grindle had two hits apiece for the Eagles.Ellsworth put forth an even more impressive performance in the second game as Matt Burnett and Brad Smith held Presque Isle hitless. Senior Austin Baron had three of the Eagles’ 12 hits as Ellsworth breezed to a mercy rule-shortened victory.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textAgainst John Bapst, Ellsworth scored three runs in the third inning as Burnett struck out 11 batters and held the Crusaders to two hits in a 3-1 victory. The win propelled the Eagles (8-1) to fifth place in Class B North behind Brewer, Mount Desert Island, Hermon and Oceanside with seven games left in the regular season.Ellsworth’s next game will be on the road against Belfast (4-4) at 4 p.m. Friday, May 11. The Eagles will then host Old Town in a battle of Northern Maine title contenders at 4:30 p.m. next Tuesday, May 15.