Alternative rock icons Radiohead have hinted at touring in 2017, but the band hadn’t actually revealed any of their plans. Today, however, the rumors have been confirmed, as the infamous U.K. festival Glastonbury announced that the seminal British band will perform at their festival in 2017. Radiohead will appear on the famous Pyramid Stage on Friday night.Radiohead have become somewhat synonymous with Glastonbury over the years. They have headlined the event twice before in 1997 and 2003, with both sets considered to be all-time classic Glastonbury performances. They also performed a secret set at the festival’s Park Stage in 2011 when road testing the material from their album The King Of Limbs. Thom Yorke has been known to pop up at the festival’s many smaller venues and cafes to perform DJ sets as well. The band clearly feel comfortable at Glastonbury, and it should be a triumphant return after their last performance on the Pyramid Stage fourteen years ago.To mark the announcement, Glastonbury had the Radiohead bear logo painted into the field in front of the Pyramid Stage, which you can see below.Radiohead also announced another festival appearance today, at the Open’er Festival in Gdynia, Poland. With two tour dates announced for 2017 already, and heavy rumors of an appearance at the 2017 edition of Coachella, Radiohead fans likely have a lot to look forward to in 2017.In honor of this awesome announcement, take a look at full videos of all three previous appearances by Radiohead at Glastonbury. First up, watch their headlining set from 1997, mere days after OK Computer was released. Next up, watch their triumphant return to the Pyramid Stage in 2003. Finally, watch their surprise appearance at the Park Stage in 2011 that heavily leaned on material from The King Of Limbs.Watch Radiohead live from the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury in 1997, courtesy of YouTube user Austin Brock.Watch Radiohead live from the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury in 2003, courtesy of YouTube user Johnny AirbagWatch Radiohead live from the Park Stage at Glastonbury in 2011, courtesy of YouTube user Johnny Airbag.
Torquay Beach in Hervey Bay, where home values have risen in the past 12 months. Picture: Chris McLennan, Tourism Queensland.HOME values in the Wide Bay area have increased for the first time in years — outperforming the nation’s 11 regions, a new report reveals.After at least a decade of dormancy, the area encompassing Bundaberg, Gympie, Hervey Bay and Maryborough recorded the biggest rise in home values for both houses and units in the 12 months to June, according to the latest quarterly regional report from CoreLogic.It was the only region in the country where both house and unit values went up during the period. Sunset at Hervey Bay beach.CoreLogic research analyst Cameron Kusher said the combination of higher commodity prices, a pick-up in mining investment and increased interstate migration was likely driving the recovery in the Wide Bay region’s housing market.House values rose 2 per cent and unit values increased 4.9 per cent during the year to May in the Wide Bay region.The Fraser Coast market has not moved in years, but saw a 2.4 per cent improvement in house values. Hervey Bay home values are on the rise after years of lying dormant. Picture: Supplied.And Gympie recorded a significant jump in unit values of 15.4 per cent.“Migration from NSW to Queensland is picking up, so perhaps people are looking at that area again,” Mr Kusher said.“In 2005, 2006, the Fraser Coast was all the rage, but the market hasn’t done much since then.”Home sales fell across all five Queensland regions in the year to May, with the biggest drop recorded on the Gold Coast (-18 per cent), followed closely by the Sunshine Coast (-17 per cent). A colonial Queenslander in Gympie, where home values are rising.The largest annual fall for house values was seen across the Sunshine Coast, where house values were down 2.9 per cent. “I think they’re pretty affected by what’s happening in Sydney and Melbourne as well,” Mr Kusher said.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours ago“A lot of people moving to Queensland don’t necessarily move to Brisbane — they move to the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast.“We know quite a few people were buying investment properties on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts when values were increasing in Sydney and Melbourne.”In the state’s north, there has been a sharp improvement in the rate of decline in home values in Townsville.“Adani announcing it’s going ahead has been a big thing for that market. perhaps leading to some confidence returning,” Mr Kusher said.House values also rose 1.7 per cent in Cairns over the past year.“I think it’s really being driven by the fact that market’s gone nowhere for a long time,” Mr Kusher said.Rental rates for houses increased across all five regions in the state, but the biggest rise was in Townsville (4.8 per cent), followed by Cairns (3.8 per cent). “Mining is a big source of employment in these regions, so that’s probably having a bit of a positive impact,” Mr Kusher said. “You’ve also got fewer people buying properties, which is generally going to put pressure on the rental market.”
Loading… A talented footballer found fatally stabbed in a vicious street brawl was “in the wrong place at the wrong time”, according to a club official. Francois Kablan, 19, was pronounced dead at the scene on Great Dover Street, Southwark, at 5.30pm on Wednesday after reports of several men fighting nearby, police said. Met Police want anyone with information on footballer Francois Kablan’s death to contact the forceCredit: Met Police The victim was a reserve player for Harlow Town FC which has paid tribute, saying members were “devastated” about the news. https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Screenshot-2020-05-16-at-09.27.36.png Vice president Paul Wilson added: “Francois was very well-liked here. He was very popular. “We heard he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.” The Met Police have today issued a further appeal for information about the SE1 stabbing. Officers were called to Southwark, May 13, to reports of “a number of males fighting near the location”. London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, but the Bermondsey man was pronounced dead at the scene. Francois’s next of kin have been informed and are being looked after by specialist officers. A post-mortem took place on Friday, May 15. DCI Kate Kieran, homicide and specialist crime, leading the investigation said: “Our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Francois. “This is a tragic loss of life of a young man and we will continue to investigate to ensure justice.” Cops arrested two teenage boys, aged 15 and 17, and a 20 year-old-man, along with an 18-year-old girl near the scene on suspicion of murder. Two of those arrested, the 20-year-old man and girl, 18, have been bailed to return in late May. Police have applied for a warrant for further detention for the 15 and 17-year-old boys – both of whom remain in police custody. His death is the latest in a tragic series of fatal knife stabbings continuing to shock London, while traumatising friends and family. Paying tribute to their killed player, Harlow Town FC said on its website: “The club is devastated to hear the news that that one of our Reserves players, Francois Kablan, tragically passed away yesterday (May 13). “Everyone at the Club is heartbroken at the sudden passing of Francois, who had only just turned 19 years old.” Harlow Reserves Manager Adam Connolly said: “Francois was a wonderful person and player. “A lot of our players went to the same college as Francois, so it’s been hard on everyone within the squad to hear of this tragic news. “On his last game for Harlow, he scored a superb hat-trick to win us the game and walk away with the match ball. “He was certainly a talented footballer and one who could have gone on to feature for the first team. “On behalf of all of the squad, and everyone at the club, our thoughts are with his family and friends.” Harlow Town added that “everyone at the club sends our heartfelt condolences to Francois’ family and friends, and we ask for respect and privacy for them at this extremely difficult time.” Among those posting tributes on the club’s Facebook page was Folkestone Invicta Football Club, which said: “Such sad news, our thoughts are with the club and Francois’s family during this difficult time.” Chris Ottaway added: “Incredibly sad news for everyone, for Francois’s family and friends, and the Harlow Town FC family. “We are all devastated. Rest in Peace young man.” Anthony Coldwell posted: “Very sad R.I.P Francois too young to be taken away. Our thoughts are with you and your family and friends at this horrible time.” read also:Footballer ‘killed in car crash’ discovered alive A GoFundMe Page set up to help his family cover funeral costs describes the young man as a “clean-hearted person who had a bright future and he’s sadly left us”. Detective Chief Inspector Kate Kieran urged anyone with information to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopNothing Compares To Stargazing Places Around The World14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemIt Might Be Quentin Tarantino’s Last MovieCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWorld’s Most Delicious Foods
Press Association Swansea manager Alan Curtis insists his “angry” players have the stomach for a relegation fight. It has led to suggestions that Swansea might not be as well equipped as some of their rivals for the dogfight ahead. But Curtis feels his players have the right mentality to scrap and pick up points. “I’ve spoken before about the resilience of the modern-day player and I think they have to be like that because there are so many setbacks they have to contend with,” Curtis said. “They’ll be fine. They are quite a strong group anyway and now we’re looking to the leaders, the likes of Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor. “They are the type of people that will come forward for us.” Swansea continue to scour the January transfer market with former players Jonathan de Guzman and Scott Sinclair, as well as Everton forward Steven Naismith and Roma striker Seydou Doumbia, among those to be linked to the club this week. “We all know there’s a need to bring fresh players in,” Curtis said. “Our league position tells us we are in trouble and that possibly the only way out of it is that we do bring people in. “It’s all quiet at the moment, but that’s not to say there’s no frantic deals being done at the moment. “I’m sure there will be one or two players coming in very soon.” Curtis’ men will find themselves in the bottom three of the Barclays Premier League before they kick-off against Watford on Monday night should either Newcastle or Sunderland manage respective victories against West Ham and Tottenham on Saturday. Swansea suffered a huge blow in midweek when Sunderland closed the gap on them to a single point with a controversial 4-2 win at the Liberty Stadium. Jermain Defoe twice scored from seemingly offside positions while Swans defender Kyle Naughton was unjustly sent off in the first half with the score at 1-1. The Football Association withdrew Naughton’s red card and three-match ban on Friday and the former Tottenham full-back is available for the Watford game. “I don’t think there will be a negative reaction to the Sunderland game,” Curtis said. “There was a bit of anger if anything after Wednesday. “The players were angry at what had happened and I would hope they would want to right the wrongs after a couple of decisions went against them. “I hope there will be no long-term affect and certainly I don’t sense anything at the moment.” Now in their fifth season in the Premier League, Swansea have mostly stayed clear of relegation danger during their time in the top flight. They did flirt with relegation two seasons ago but Garry Monk eventually led them to safety after succeeding Michael Laudrup at the start of February.