The Los Angeles Fire Department, which drew praise for containing the blaze, said it was caused by power lines that had fallen behind residences. The DWP, however, said it was working to determine the facts. Utility spokeswoman Gale Harris said the DWP was investigating whether it owned the land. More than 246,000 DWP and Southern California Edison customers lost power at times after the winds hit. About 1,900 SoCal Edison customers remained out at its last update late Friday. The DWP said it could take up to two more days for power to be restored to everyone. Councilman Dennis Zine asked that the DWP and other city departments with land in mountainous areas determine within days whether any brush needs cutting “because of the weather change.” About 20,000 customers of the city’s Department of Water and Power remained without electricity for a third day early Saturday as crews labored to repair toppled utility poles and snapped power lines. The municipal utility also is investigating whether a blown power line in overgrown land it owns sparked a Thursday wildfire that damaged three expensive Beverly Hills homes. In a statement, the DWP said that if it is found to have responsibility “we will own up to it.” The DWP, one of the largest property owners in the city, said it had already begun expediting brush-clearing because of extraordinarily dry weather and “will immediately conduct further assessment of all our properties to determine whether additional brush clearance is needed.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
ShareEmailPrint To learn more, read: Posted on January 18, 2011August 18, 2014Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)The upcoming “Regional Fistula Conference” is requesting abstracts from interested presenters. The conference will be held at Sheraton Hotel in Karachi, Pakistan from 4-6 March 2011 in collaboration with UNFPA. The last date for submission is 20th February, 2011.For additional details:website: www.pnfwh.org email: [email protected] the conference flyerShare this:
Wayne Rooney stated his intention to finish his playing career in the United States, while ruling out a loan move back to the Premier LeagueThe 33-year-old striker signed for DC United in June and helped lift them from bottom spot in the MLS Eastern Conference to the playoffs.While the DC’s campaign came to an end after a playoff semi-final defeat to Columbus Crew on penalties, Rooney’s form has won him a lot of praise.Rumours have been circulating that the Manchester United great is eyeing a short-term loan move to England in January.But, speaking to the media at Wembley ahead of his farewell England game, Rooney insists his plans remain unchanged.“It will be my last game,” said Rooney, according to Sky Sports.Daniel Farke, From mid-table in the Championship to the Premier League Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Norwich City manager, Daniel Farke, has taken his team from the middle of the table in the English Championship to play with the big boys in the Premier League.“My form has been good in the States and if I got called up because of that then it would be a different situation, but this will be my last game.“I made the decision to go to the States and as you well know when I make a decision I tend to stick with it.“It’s important to me that I give my full commitment to DC United.“I’ve seen talk about a loan move back here but I’m not prepared to do that.”Rooney scored 12 goals and provided six assists in 21 appearances for DC this season.The England and US game at Wembley will begin at 21:00 (CET) on Thursday.
With Leicester City in talks with Brendan Rodgers, Rangers boss Steven Gerrard believes the lure of the Premier League is too good for him to reject.The Rangers manager played under Rodgers at Liverpool and would complete a return to England’s top-flight with the Foxes closing in, according to Sky sources.Rodgers enjoyed a trophy-laden spell at Celtic as he completed back-to-back domestic trebles since taking over the managerial duties.Both managers cancelled each other out when they met in the Scottish Premier League, Gerrard lost 1-0 in September at Celtic before winning by the same scoreline in December.“I have worked with Brendan so I know he is a very good coach,” Gerrard said on Tuesday.“It seems (the lure of Premier League has been a big factor) otherwise he’d have declined the opportunity to talk to Leicester.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“I’m not really surprised by the timing because these things happen. Brendan has done ever so well at Celtic over the years so it’s no surprise that other clubs are watching him and wanting to acquire his services.”BREAKING Brendan Rodgers quits Celtic to take over at Leicester City https://t.co/7aod4hTLOo pic.twitter.com/zrwdmZDZRI— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) February 26, 2019Rodgers equally came close to ending Liverpool’s title drought back in 2013/14 season but narrowly lost to Manchester City in the end.The Foxes dismissed manager Claude Puel on Sunday after a run of poor results that culminated in a 4-1 loss to Palace on Saturday.