75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Bundoran RNLI called to assist pleasure craft at Mullaghmore Google+ Facebook Twitter Google+ Facebook By News Highland – January 20, 2014 The crew of Bundoran RNLI Lifeboat were tasked on Sunday afternoon for their first callout of 2014.An 18 foot pleasure craft with two persons on board which suffered engine failure off Mullaghmore Head in County Sligo. The alarm was raised with Malin Head Coast Guard shortly before 4pm on Sunday afternoon by mobile phone and the lifeboat launched within 3 minutes as many of the crew were already on station completing their Advanced Cardiac First Responder course.On arriving at the scene, the crew found that the occupiers of the pleasure craft were being assisted by local charter fishing boats. The Bundoran lifeboat crew then took the craft under tow to Mullaghmore harbour and returned then to the lifeboat station.Speaking afterwards, Lifeboat Launching Authority for Bundoran RNLI Patrick O’Doherty said ‘we were happy to assist the boat owners who had the misfortune of having their engine lose power while out on a Sunday afternoon. We would advise all boat owners to ensure that they have a means of contacting the Coast Guard in case of emergency when out on the water. We would especially recommend the use of a handheld VHF radio. Pinterest Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal News Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Previous articleShay stars for BoroNext articleMEP says Donegal will reap the benefits of 200 million Euro PEACE fund News Highland 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire
WhatsApp (Photo supplied/State of Indiana) Young people who are not social distancing or wearing masks are catching flack from Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb.He and state health commissioner Dr. Kristina Box says 30 percent of positive cases of coronavirus are young people, up from 12 percent in March.Don’t let your state lose ground, was the message from Governor Holcomb during his weekly COVID-19 news conference on Wednesday, June 24. Holcomb said some young people are guilty of not social distancing and not wearing masks in public.The Governor encouraged young Hoosiers to “do the right thing” for themselves and older people who you may come into contact with.Dr. Box said the coronavirus recovery rate is up in Indiana and the number of people in hospitals has gone down. She said that was encouraging as the state continues to open back up.However, at least one local hospital is as busy as ever dealing with COVID-19. Goshen Health issued the following statement on Wednesday:COVID-19 activity for Goshen Health as of June 24. Testing:7,745 tests completed1,054 positive test results (overall positivity rate of 14.3%)6,304 negative test resultsTest results outstanding: 373 Hospitalizations:Admitted 133Discharged 118Confirmed 10 COVID-positive related mortalities“Our Urgent Care and Emergency Department Colleagues have faced several weeks of extremely high volumes. Plus, last week our overall census was much higher. Colleagues are fatigued, but remain dedicated to serving our community,” said Randy Christophel, President and CEO of Goshen Health. “We continue to ask our community to show support for our local healthcare providers, support staff and each other by taking every precaution possible, starting with wearing a mask in public,” said Dr. Dan Nafziger, Hospital Chief Medical Officer. “Physical distancing, handwashing, disinfecting and staying home if you’re not feeling well – all of these continue to be important for everyone’s protection. As we are getting back into more activities with people outside of our immediate households following these safety precautions has never been more important.” Gov. Holcomb warns young Hoosiers to wear face masks Twitter WhatsApp Facebook Pinterest CoronavirusIndianaLocalNews Google+ By Jon Zimney – June 25, 2020 0 414 Facebook Google+ Previous articleSome Hoosiers overpaid unemployment benefits, state wants money backNext articleHolcomb announces $25M in relief funding for Indiana renters Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney. Twitter Pinterest
My job leaves me living in a hotel a lot of the time. As I ignored my own packet of makeup removing wipes and used the complimentary one at the hotel last night, I realized that I probably save about $6 a year stretching my own makeup wipes by using the free ones when I’m staying at hotels that have them.I mentally high-fived myself.And then I wondered when it was that I actually managed to rewire my mind so that saving $6 honestly does light up a pleasure center and make me feel pretty good about life for a few minutes (not gonna lie, sugary treats still do the same thing for me, too).It certainly wasn’t always that way. There was a time I wouldn’t have paid any attention to the little freebies that come with a room. I couldn’t be bothered with coupons at all. If something broke, I didn’t spend so much as a second thinking about whether I could fix it.When I came out of graduate school nearly $30,000 in debt, that had to change. Sheer terror is a powerful motivator, but 30 grand takes a while to repay and for that kind of marathon, you need a full mental shift. continue reading » 9SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The Raiders have long been done with Oakland, their 2020 move to Las Vegas the result of years of apathy toward the Northern California town.On Sunday, after the team’s last home game in the region, Oakland showed — in over-the-top fashion — that it was done with the Raiders. Black hole tosses garbage onto the field as Raiders lose their last game in Oakland in the final minute. pic.twitter.com/mhv4gRr1LG— Torrey Hart (@torreyhart) December 16, 2019Derek Carr gets booed off the field after the #Raiders blow a 4th quarter lead in their final game in Oakland.(via @StanfordVoice) pic.twitter.com/Qo4Wuty7YE— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) December 16, 2019MORE: Updated NFL playoff pictureSeveral people appeared to be injured in the chaos. Security personnel and fans could be seen clashing on video.Things are descending into chaos in Oakland. Media has been asked to leave the field as security engaged in full-on brawl with a fan. Another woman gushed blood from her forehead, appearing as if she had been hit by trash heading for the field. pic.twitter.com/zOlImU7hEh— Torrey Hart (@torreyhart) December 16, 2019The Raiders’ departure marks the second Oakland sports team to depart in a short span. The Warriors moved to San Francisco earlier this year. And the A’s, who are about to become Oakland’s lone occupant, are not exactly in a stable position, either. Some fans charged the Coliseum field following a 20-16 loss to the Jaguars. Others remained in their seats but threw items toward the playing surface. Most people booed.
He said he tells them if they are with their family in a car and someone is following them, they should ask themselves: “What are we going to do to prevent them trying to stop the car?”“Do as the footballers did? Get out and confront them or dial the police, or beep the horn to bring attention to yourselves.“Or drive to the nearest police station or to a garage forecourt where there is CCTV?“It is knowing that. You have got to start somewhere and I believe footballers are not being given the right advice.”Bomberg says he believes one of the reasons for such attitudes is a lack of understanding of the concept of security.“I think that security for a lot of people is a dirty word,” he said.“They think of an old bloke falling asleep in his hut or some guy wearing a yellow vest.”Bomberg’s basic entry package costs a cool £400,000 ($490,000) and uses close protection officers who are normally ex-special forces or policemen.He said the approach of International Intelligence Limited, which he founded in 2002, was high-tech.“We can put a technical fence round your property.“If someone is outside and tweeting ‘I am going to (expletive) kill him’ they don’t need to mention the name as that will still flag up to us because they are using profanity and a threat within that ‘geo-fenced’ area.”Bomberg is unsure where the duty of care for football clubs ends.“I think the whole football business industry needs to wake up,” he said. “These men and women are the assets of the club.“Okay the club might have the bricks and mortar of the stadium but these people are the celebrities and what the sponsors are paying for.“If you have a vehicle worth half a million pounds would you leave it parked randomly somewhere in London?“They need to start to realise they have a legal duty of care, a responsibility not just to footballers but to families.”Share on: WhatsApp English football need to wake up to the threat to footballers and their families security in the wake of the attack on Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac security expert Alex Bomberg told AFPStroud, United Kingdom | AFP | English football clubs will only wake up to the security risks their players face when either one of them or a member of their family are maimed or killed, a security expert told AFP.The stark warning from former soldier Alex Bomberg comes after Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac were targeted in a carjacking attack by knife-wielding men on mopeds in London in July.The fallout from that incident resulted in the duo being left out of the opening Premier League fixture with Newcastle due to “further security incidents”.Bomberg, founder and CEO of Intelligent (UK Holdings) Limited, is responsible for the personal protection of nine footballers in Spain and France but says he has had no approaches from England-based players even since the incident involving German star Ozil and Bosnian international Kolasinac.He said he was surprised that super-rich Premier League players and clubs were underestimating the threat.“Footballers are more exposed in the United Kingdom, far more exposed,” the former aide to the British royal family told AFP at his office in Gloucestershire in the west of England.“I think we have a serious problem in the UK and it does surprise me how we look at it.“This is a really serious subject which needs proper attention and I can tell you what will happen; nothing will change dramatically until a footballer or member of his family either is seriously injured or killed.”Bomberg, who says he has been contacted by other players in mainland Europe since the Arsenal stars were attacked, believes footballers and their families are especially vulnerable.“I came across newspaper clippings from 2009 where they were talking about 21 robberies of British players’ homes in a three-year period,” he said.“That is 2009 so where are we now? We are nearly 2020, we were talking about it 10 years ago and it is still a problem today.He said elite footballers were particularly vulnerable because their movements are so widely known.“It’s advertised when footballers are away from home because they are playing football. Straight away that leaves them exposed.”The Ozil incident received widespread coverage because Kolasinac fought off the assailants, but Bomberg says that was the wrong way to respond.“He did what many young guys would do but he put himself and his friend (Ozil) in danger,” said Bomberg.“It could have ended in a very different way, we know how many people get stabbed in London every day.”– ‘Protecting clubs’ assets’ –Bomberg, whose clients also include celebrities, members of foreign royal families, lawyers and bankers — he will not divulge their identities — says he teaches clients how to deal with such incidents.
England’s Josh Hilleard found the touch of Houdini to seal a one-shot win in the Berkhamsted Trophy on four-under par.He led for most of the 72-hole event at Berkhamsted Golf Club in Hertfordshire, but was closely challenged throughout, notably by Lincolnshire’s Simon Richardson, the eventual runner –up; Norfolk’s Jack Yule and fellow England A squad member, Will Enefer of Shropshire & Herefordshire.But when it counted, Hilleard (Image © Leaderboard Photography) discovered the magic touch which kept him ahead. “The last round was very eventful, it was my worst ball striking round but I had a few hole-outs from strange positions,” said the 21-year-old from Farrington Park in Somerset.On the eighth, for example, his tee shot finished in trees and he had to chip out, but a restricted follow through meant his ball ended in a bush. Fortunately the bush was in ground under repair and he received a free drop – and promptly holed his 60-yard shot to the green for an unlikely par. “It was a bit of a surprise!” he said.He followed up on the 14th when he holed his second shot from about 100 yards for an eagle two. “It makes it easy!” he laughed.From then on he parred in, knowing that he needed a four on the last to beat Richardson (Spalding). “That tests your pressure game, but that’s good, it what we live and play for,” said Hilleard.He played his way into the lead with a first round score of three-under 68 which put him one clear. He followed up with 71 which tied him with Jack Yule (Middleton Hall) at the halfway stage; 72 in the third round which left him tied with Will Enefer (Wrekin); and finally 69 to edge in ahead of Simon Richardson.Kealan Lowe (Wheatley) was third on two under; while Charlie Strickland (Ham Manor) and Enefer shared fourth place on one-under.Hilleard’s win marked a return to form after he was disappointed by his last outing in the Spanish amateur. “It’s a nice bounce back,” he said. “I’ve had a couple of lessons to get my head clear and we had our squad training at Quinta do Lago, which was a bit of an eye opener and changed how I will approach tournaments from now on.”This is his first individual win of the 2016 season but he has already helped England to victory in the Costa Ballena Quadrangular Tournament against Spain, Germany and Finland.The tournament was extended this year from 36 holes, played on one day, to 72 holes, over three days, in a bid to gain world ranking status for the event, which boasts illustrious past winners such as Sandy Lyle and Luke Donald.Click here for the final scores 3 Apr 2016 Houdini touch helps Hilleard to Berkhamsted victory
Facebook5Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by Port of OlympiaThe Port of Olympia is constructing two osprey nesting platforms for next season, but an osprey pair got ahead of the plan. The photo shows a nest built atop a light pole on the terminal. See two small white eggs at the photo’s center.Just steps from downtown Olympia, the Port Peninsula’s trails and parks beckon the community to the waterfront. For everyone’s enjoyment, Black Hills Audubon Society (BHAS) and Port of Olympia have partnered to attract more nesting birds to this urban saltwater parkland.This year, the partners found success with purple martin boxes installed on pilings just north of the marine terminal. Birds have nested in about half of the boxes. Also, new swallow boxes in trees along Marine Drive are ready for next season’s house hunters.Twelve BHAS volunteers logged 45 hours constructing the nest boxes. The Port handled the installation at sites selected by BHAS.BHAS members and Port staff were hatching plans for an osprey nesting platform when a pair nested on a light pole on the marine terminal. Staff disconnected the light to protect the two eggs.For the 2016 nesting season, the Port is planning to construct and install osprey nesting platforms on two prominent concrete light poles on the terminal. The community will be able to view the southern platform from the Port Plaza, and the northern platform from the Hearthfire Restaurant and NorthPoint parking areas.
The Whitewater Ski Racers recently hosted more than a 100 racers Teck Kootenay Zone Race. Two days of slalom races —102 racers ages 10-72 — attracted skiers from as far away as Lake Louise and Golden/Kicking Horse. Whitewater has the largest number of racers. The next Kootenay Zone race will be a Giant Slalom in Kimberley Jan31/Feb1.Whitewater will host the first Nancy Greene race of the year on Sunday January 25 Here are the results: U12: Saturday 1: Male: LAZIER LIAM-6, SWETLAND RIVER-12, SOLLID EDAN-15, LESSARD KIAN-16, KELLY RYAN-18 Female:Aliza Jones-3, Sophie Hickson-5,Sierra Pardoe-9, Lauren Robertson-10, MARECHAL NEEVA-15, SHAPOVALOVA NARAYANI-16, ROBERTSON ANA-18, MURRAY RHIANNON-19 Saturday 2: Male: LAZIER LIAM-7, JENSEN BRODIE-11, SOLLID EDAN-16, SWETLAND RIVER-17, LESSARD KIAN-21 Female: HICKSON SOPHIE-2, JONES ALIZA-5, ROBERTSON LAUREN-6, PARDOE SIERRA-9, MARECHAL NEEVA-15, SHAPOVALOVA NARAYANI-16, ROBERTSON ANA-17 Sunday 1: Male: LAZIER LIAM-5, JENSEN BRODIE-7, KELLY RYAN-11, SOLLID EDAN-13, SWETLAND RIVER-14, LESSARD KIAN-20 Female: HICKSON SOPHIE-3, JONES ALIZA-5, ROBERTSON LAUREN-7, PARDOE SIERRA-9, SHAPOVALOVA NARAYANI-13, MARECHAL NEEVA-14, ROBERTSON ANA-16, MURRAY RHIANNON-17 Sunday 2: Male: LAZIER LIAM-6, SWETLAND RIVER-12, SOLLID EDAN-13, LESSARD KIAN-14 Female: HICKSON SOPHIE-3, PARDOE SIERRA-5, ROBERTSON LAUREN-6, SHAPOVALOVA NARAYANI-11, MARECHAL NEEVA-13, MURRAY RHIANNON-15, ROBERTSON ANA-16 U14: Saturday 1: Male: OOSTHUIZEN Yael-2, WATERFIELD Garrett-7, LEISHMAN Henry-8, BELLMAN Troy-9, GAFFRAN Nathan-10, MEASURES Tao-11, DIGIACOMO Kell-18, LAWRENCE-JEFFERY Chris-19, Female: WATERFIELD Kiley-15, LEWANDOWSKI Gretchen-22, VANDERHOLT Hanna-23, Saturday 2: Male: OOSTHUIZEN Yael-1, BELLMAN Troy-5, MEASURES Tao-6, LAWRENCE-JEFFERY Chris-11, DIGIACOMO Kell-12, GAFFRAN Nathan-16 Female: WATERFIELD Kiley-5, MURRAY Zarah-9, LEWANDOWSKI Gretchen-16, VANDERHOLT Hanna-18 Sunday 1: Male: OOSTHUIZEN Yael-6, LEISHMAN Henry-8, WATERFIELD Garrett-9, BELLMAN Troy-13, LAWRENCE-JEFFERY Chris-17, DIGIACOMO Kell-19 Female: WATERFIELD Kiley-12, MURRAY Zarah-17, LEWANDOWSKI Gretchen-24 Sunday 2: Male: OOSTHUIZEN Yael-7, WATERFIELD Garrett-9, DIGIACOMO Kell-19, GAFFRAN Nathan-20 Female: WATERFIELD Kiley-14, MURRAY Zarah-18, LEWANDOWSKI Gretchen-24 U16/MA: Saturday: Male: SWAN Bobby-2, GAFFRAN Noah-3 Female: PUNCHARD Oso-2 Sunday : Male: SWAN Bobby-2, BROUSSON Liegh-3, GAFFRAN Noah-4 Female: PUNCHARD Oso-2
https://youtu.be/sWbWTQwWA1YCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the video on a mobile deviceMEMPHIS, TENN. – Klay Thompson spoke his wish into existence. The Warriors will play the Clippers in the first round of the NBA playoffs, which will afford the defending champions to make a one-hour flight and enjoy the beautiful climate in Los Angeles.“Just not having to change two time zones is a big deal,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said following the Warriors’ 132-117 loss in their …