Position open at Wellington Public Library

first_imgSubmitted to Sumner Newscow — The Board of Trustees for the Wellington Kansas Public Library is accepting applications to fill the position of Library Director.The Library Board is seeking a person with a Bachelors Degree win a min of 3-5 years experience in business management, library, educational or  non- profit organization.The Director is responsible for all library operations and supervision of staff, payroll, budget, programming and service to the public.  Candidates should be visionaries who are versed in all facets of current technology and possess supervisory, communication, organizational, interpersonal, decision making and public relations skills.Salary commensurate with education and experience.  Applications will be accepted through July 22, 2013.Please submit resume with cover letter and three professional references to:Wellington Public Library121  West 7thWellington, Kans., 67152last_img read more

30 clubs propose a 2nd B of two groups in 20-21 and of one and without Third in 2022

first_imgMore changes in 22-23: only one group in the Second B Pro and without the Third DivisionThe proposal sent to the Higher Sports Council and the Spanish Football Federation also includes initiative to further reform competition in 2022 to make it more competitive and professional. “We understand that within 2 years, it must be agreed to go one step further, and transform the two groups of the Second B-Pro into a single group“the document says. But the news would not only stay there:” Second B could also be reduced in one group, going from 4 to 3. Another option could be to increase second division B in several more groups and eliminate the Third Division. The Third is a national category, but it is played at the regional level. We understand that it is somewhat incongruous. With a greater number of groups in Segunda B, covering 2-3 communities, it could be more competitive and make a more attractive league. Any modification made in a pyramidal way would be easy “:Economic reasons for the reform of non-professional footballThe reform of the competition had been hovering around modest football for many years and the Rubiales Federation has always left the door ajar to carry out that change. The coronacrisis is one of the reasons why this proposal has been accelerated, since the economic effect that the pandemic will have on the Second B and the Third will be very notable. The project includes an estimate of what could be lost due to different concepts in both categories: subscriptions, box office, merchandising, sponsorships, public subsidies and capital contributions. “It is estimated that between 4 and 6 teams cannot finish the competition due to unpaid workers and creditors.. It will not be just a matter of covering the budget, but of liquidity during the season to tackle comprosis “, the report warns.In addition, with the creation of this category, the participating clubs would reject the Federation’s aid for the ‘Impulso 23’ program so that the amount would be higher to distribute among the teams that continued in Second B and Third. The clubs of the new Second B Pro consider that the appeal of the competition would help attract investors and sponsors and get a good bank for television rights, as well as a global sponsor for the category.Fight against paying wages in BIncreased income, should also increase economic control over clubs. As AS has said in previous days, the intention that the clubs would have is to adopt a system similar to the financial fair play that exists in the First and Second Divisions, but organized from the Federation. Economic controls and salary limits would be implemented to avoid large debts in the teams. Some measures that would end the Payments in B in several clubs: “The Second B is a category where unfortunately there are too many clubs paying their workers an undeclared share of their wages. The famous ‘Pagos en B’ is unfair competition between clubs, but little reported and persecuted, because the clubs say they use it to survive. “The model in other countriesCompared to the equivalent of the Second B of the rest of the big leagues, Spain is by far the one with the most teams. Compared to Spain’s 80, Italy has 60; England, 24; Germany, 20 and France, 18. “As can be seen, the most footballingly advanced countries, in their competitions equivalent to the Second Division B, have a significantly lower number of teams. But not only that, but these countries have a population significantly larger than Spain, also its GDP per capita is much higher, confirming that the current competition model is neither viable nor sustainable, even more in a period of deep crisis such as the one estimated for the next season and successive “ The future of Second B is still in the air. While to the Federation Spanish Soccer time is running out to decide how to solve the current season and see if there is time to finish the competition (as most teams would like) following the announcement of phased deconfusion, if they should carry out their plan B (play promotion playoff, but suppress relegation) or, in the worst case, nullify the competition, a path that has gained strength in recent days and that many clubs threaten to report if only the first climb. While all this is happening and the RFEF is in contact with the territorial and the clubs, Rubiales and the CSD have received formally a groundbreaking proposal that makes more and more noise to reform the category towards professionalization.This is a draft to implement a Second B PRO for 2020-2021, a bet that many see as too hasty for the little time left. That document, to which the Diario AS has had access, would consist of reducing the bronze category of four groups of 20 to only two of the same number., but this measure would only be for the next two seasons (20-21 and 21-22), since in the draft they also propose Another radical change for the 22-23: leave the Second B Pro in a single group and remove the Third Division for the benefit of a Second C.Click here to consult the Second B reform project sent by the clubs to the CSD, RFEF and LaLigaThis would be the Second B ProThe new elite Second B would have half the teams of the current one. It would go from 80 clubs to 40, divided into groups of 20, according to a criterion of geographical proximity. It would be made up of the four teams that descend from LaLiga SmartBank, 12 of the 16 teams that are in the playoff (the remaining four would be those that ascended to Second) and the rest of the teams that are between the 5th and 10th place in the current category classification. . Regarding its development, the remaining champions of each group would advance to the Second Division and the other two places to climb they would decide in a tie between the second in Group A against the third in Group B and between the second in Group B and the third in Group A. As for declines, there would be four per group that would fall.Participating teams-The four descendants of LaLiga SmartBank-The first ten of each group of the current Second B (except four of the 16 teams that play the promotion playoff)Group I: Atlético Baleares, Ibiza, Atlético B, Peña Deportiva, Coruxo, Rayo Majadahonda, Castilla, Inter, Pontevedra and LangreoGroup II: UD Logroñés, Cultural Leonesa, Bilbao Athletic, Real Valladolid, Real Sociedad B, Amorebieta, Osasuna B, Burgos CF, Guijuelo and Haro DeportivoGroup III: Castellón, Barcelona B, Sabadell, Cornellá, Lleida, Villarreal B, Olot, Espanyol B, Andorra and La NucíaGroup IV: Cartagena, Marbella, Badajoz, Yeclano Deportivo, Córdoba, San Fernando, Linense, Real Murcia, Sevilla Atlético and UCAM Murcia.The importance of the Viana Pact between Rubiales and ThebesAs already told earlier in the week AS, Thebes managed to reach a principle in agreement with Rubiales to remodel the Second B in the famous Pact of Viana. Both want to carry out this transformation, but it would not be possible for two seasons, while the clubs involved in this proposal do not want to wait. There is also another key point in said pact and it is about the sale of television rights. The Federation has managed to seize the centralized sale of the category, which will allow the income of the teams in this concept to be expanded and thus not depend so much on the ticket offices and season tickets (of which there will be no income until 2021 due to the closure of the stadiums. ) for implant an iron economic control like the one existing in First and Second.last_img read more

PacMay II: Russia or London

first_imgCarpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Not yetBut the supposed rematch fell through and Pacquiao signed up with Premier Boxing Champion, which is in alliance with Mayweather.His first opponent for the outfit turned out to be Broner, a 29-year-old four-division world champion who is sometimes called “Mayweather-lite.”“There’s got to be a reason why Floyd has been on TV, he wants the world to know he’s still there,” said Pacquiao consultant Freddie Roach on Saturday.But Pacquiao remained mum and said their previous meetings “were not planned. It was just coincidence. We just happened to be at the same place at the same time.”Mayweather has since fought 19-year-old mixed martial arts fighter Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition match in Japan on New Year’s Eve, expectedly won by the American.ADVERTISEMENT The unbeaten Mayweather, supposedly on retirement now, is scheduled to visit Manila anew soon, according to the same sources.The flamboyant American fighter and promoter is also expected to be at ringside when Pacquiao stakes his WBA regular welterweight crown against Adrien Broner this Saturday (Sunday, Philippine time) at MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissThat would be the third time the two global boxing superstars will meet since bumping into each other in Japan in September last year when Mayweather, in an Instagram post, said he would face Pacquiao that December.Just recently, the two fighters were at a Los Angeles Clippers game at Staples Center. Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Afterward, he watched NBA games and, like he did every single night of his training camp here, handed out dollar bills to Team Pacquiao members who correctly guessed the winning team.Clearly, Pacquiao is in relaxed mood ahead of his fight against Adrien Broner on Saturday night (Sunday morning in Manila).Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Pacquiao and Mayweather clashed in 2015 with the Filipino legend—suffering from an injured shoulder—finding it very difficult to chase the slippery counter-punching champion.That match has set a record as the richest ever for the sport of boxing with a reported revenue of $600 million.DowntimeOn Sunday night, Pacquiao entertained his team at his LA mansion by singing a famous Freddie Aguilar ditty.Another Filipino folk singer, Florante, was also around.Florante, now based in the United States, joined about 100 Team Pacquiao members and supporters who gave an audience as Pacquiao held a “mini-concert” on the eve of his traditional caravan to Las Vegas.At 40, Pacquiao is taking on a different approach in training. He now allows himself longer breaks to recover.On Sunday, he didn’t work out at all.Instead, he attended church service with his family in the morning. Then, he treated his followers to a Japanese lunch by booking for the entire afternoon the trendy Kabuki Restaurant located at the corner of Vine Street and Hollywood Boulevard.In the early evening, Pacquiao played the guitar and piano at the living room of his mansion along Plymouth Boulevard.center_img WBA WELTERWEIGHT BOUT Two days before 2019, eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao sparred for 10 rounds at Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California—three rounds against Arnold Gonzalez, three against Lydell Rhodes and four against George Kambosos Jr. Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KOs) is in the most intense phase of training as he prepares for his WBA welterweight world title defense against four-division world champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner (33-3-1, 24 KOs) of Cincinnati on Jan. 19 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The 40-year-old Pacquiao’s training is being supervised by strength and conditioning coach Justin Fortune and best friend Buboy Fernandez. —BOXINGSCENE.COM/WENDELL ALINEA-MP PROMOTIONSHOLLYWOOD—Like it or not, the sequel to the mega-rich fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is fast taking shape.Sources privy to the rematch said on Sunday that all parties were on board for a July date either in Russia or London. But Las Vegas is still not out of the equation.ADVERTISEMENT Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra LATEST STORIES Pacquiao peaking just right In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil MOST READ Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history View commentslast_img read more