Print THE head of a campaign to restore respite services in Limerick to their former capacity for the long term, has asked local politicians to put the issue at the top of their agenda once more. Owen South has been fronting a campaign to relaunch a full respite service in Limerick, which was reduced significantly when government funding was cut by in June.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The facility in Clonile, which offered respite to 63 families, was closed and an alternative service was set up elsewhere in August, funded by €50,000 of the Brother’s of Charity’s own savings.However, the service is greatly reduced and is planned to open just 77 days next year, a drop of 48% on last year.“Nearly three months have now gone and the Brothers of Charity respite house in Clonile, Caherdavin, is still closed,” Mr South told the Limerick Post. “The Brothers of Charity have, since the end of August, opened a limited respite house in another part of Caherdavin.“The charity has donated €50,000 from much valued money raised over the years to enable families affected by the closure get some respite”.Mr. South said that one month into the reopening of the service, the money is being eaten into and will soon run out.“Local Fianna Fail politicians, along with Brian Cowen, have claimed that the restoration of full respite services is top of their agenda, but three months on and nothing has been done and there has been no communication”.He added that the families have had “enough talk” and want to see the result of respite services in Limerick restored to full capacity. Advertisement Previous articleRound up from the courtsNext articleDeadline extended for Green Bulding Awards admin Twitter NewsLocal NewsLess talk, more action on respiteBy admin – September 27, 2010 702 WhatsApp Facebook Email Linkedin
A unit at 3111/211 King Arthur Terrace, Tennyson, has water views.Ormiston, about 20km from the CBD, was the third strongest performer in the unit market with its median up by 14.3 per cent during the quarter to $427,000.Many of the units at Tennyson have amazing water views, including one at 3111/211 King Arthur Tce. The three-bedroom unit is in the Softstone building. More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus21 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market21 hours ago It is 215sq m and on the sixth floor of the property. It has two separate living areas and an open plan kitchen. It is listed through Dianne Bauer of Belle Property – Toowong. 25/83 Freeth Street West Ormiston is listed at $459,000.At 25/83 Freeth St West, Ormiston, a two-bedroom “retirement living’’ unit is listed for $459,000.The unit has been renovated with a new kitchen. It is airconditioned, has open plan dining and living areas and a large bathroom plus a separate laundry.A north-facing outdoor patio has a full length pergola.It is listed through Aveo – Retirement Living. 3111/211 King Arthur Terrace Tennyson.GREATER Brisbane’s growth superstars for the unit market aren’t necessarily all inner city, with demand on the way up for suburbs outside the city ring.While an inner city suburb topped the list, suburbs a lot further out came in second and third in terms of median price growth in the past quarter.New figures from CoreLogic reveal that Tennyson had the highest median unit price growth in the past quarter of 33 per cent, bringing its median to $1,127,500.The second strongest performing unit market was at Beachmere, 37km from the CBD.The median unit price rose 18.9 per cent in the past quarter to $332,500. A one bedder at 19/56 Biggs Ave Beachmere is listed at $95,000.While many of the units at Beachmere are nowhere near as palatial, they come with a much more affordable price point. A one-bedroom unit at 19/56 Biggs Ave, Beachmere is listed for $95,000.It is within walking distance of the beach and the lawn bowls club. The unit is 52 sq m and has recently been refurbished with new carpets, paint and airconditioner. A new washing machine is included in the property which is rented for $495 a fortnight. It is listed through Gail Lockyer of Furtado Property – Brisbane.
Loading… A talented footballer found fatally stabbed in a vicious street brawl was “in the wrong place at the wrong time”, according to a club official. Francois Kablan, 19, was pronounced dead at the scene on Great Dover Street, Southwark, at 5.30pm on Wednesday after reports of several men fighting nearby, police said. Met Police want anyone with information on footballer Francois Kablan’s death to contact the forceCredit: Met Police The victim was a reserve player for Harlow Town FC which has paid tribute, saying members were “devastated” about the news. https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Screenshot-2020-05-16-at-09.27.36.png Vice president Paul Wilson added: “Francois was very well-liked here. He was very popular. “We heard he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.” The Met Police have today issued a further appeal for information about the SE1 stabbing. Officers were called to Southwark, May 13, to reports of “a number of males fighting near the location”. London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, but the Bermondsey man was pronounced dead at the scene. Francois’s next of kin have been informed and are being looked after by specialist officers. A post-mortem took place on Friday, May 15. DCI Kate Kieran, homicide and specialist crime, leading the investigation said: “Our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Francois. “This is a tragic loss of life of a young man and we will continue to investigate to ensure justice.” Cops arrested two teenage boys, aged 15 and 17, and a 20 year-old-man, along with an 18-year-old girl near the scene on suspicion of murder. Two of those arrested, the 20-year-old man and girl, 18, have been bailed to return in late May. Police have applied for a warrant for further detention for the 15 and 17-year-old boys – both of whom remain in police custody. His death is the latest in a tragic series of fatal knife stabbings continuing to shock London, while traumatising friends and family. Paying tribute to their killed player, Harlow Town FC said on its website: “The club is devastated to hear the news that that one of our Reserves players, Francois Kablan, tragically passed away yesterday (May 13). “Everyone at the Club is heartbroken at the sudden passing of Francois, who had only just turned 19 years old.” Harlow Reserves Manager Adam Connolly said: “Francois was a wonderful person and player. “A lot of our players went to the same college as Francois, so it’s been hard on everyone within the squad to hear of this tragic news. “On his last game for Harlow, he scored a superb hat-trick to win us the game and walk away with the match ball. “He was certainly a talented footballer and one who could have gone on to feature for the first team. “On behalf of all of the squad, and everyone at the club, our thoughts are with his family and friends.” Harlow Town added that “everyone at the club sends our heartfelt condolences to Francois’ family and friends, and we ask for respect and privacy for them at this extremely difficult time.” Among those posting tributes on the club’s Facebook page was Folkestone Invicta Football Club, which said: “Such sad news, our thoughts are with the club and Francois’s family during this difficult time.” Chris Ottaway added: “Incredibly sad news for everyone, for Francois’s family and friends, and the Harlow Town FC family. “We are all devastated. Rest in Peace young man.” Anthony Coldwell posted: “Very sad R.I.P Francois too young to be taken away. Our thoughts are with you and your family and friends at this horrible time.” read also:Footballer ‘killed in car crash’ discovered alive A GoFundMe Page set up to help his family cover funeral costs describes the young man as a “clean-hearted person who had a bright future and he’s sadly left us”. Detective Chief Inspector Kate Kieran urged anyone with information to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopNothing Compares To Stargazing Places Around The World14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemIt Might Be Quentin Tarantino’s Last MovieCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWorld’s Most Delicious Foods
Associated Press Stony Brook looks to sweep New Hampshire February 6, 2020 BIG MEN ON CAMPUS: New Hampshire’s Nick Guadarrama has averaged 13.8 points and 8.1 rebounds while Sean Sutherlin has put up 12 points and 8.4 rebounds. For the Seawolves, Elijah Olaniyi has averaged 19.7 points and 6.9 rebounds while Andrew Garcia has put up 12.8 points and 6.5 rebounds.DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENTS: The Wildcats have allowed only 65.4 points per game across eight conference games, an improvement from the 73 per game they allowed in non-conference play.EFFECTIVE ELIJAH: Olaniyi has connected on 36.8 percent of the 136 3-pointers he’s attempted and has made 9 of 26 over his last five games. He’s also converted 72.1 percent of his free throws this season.ACCOUNTING FOR ASSISTS: The Wildcats have recently converted baskets via assists more often than the Seawolves. New Hampshire has 35 assists on 75 field goals (46.7 percent) over its past three outings while Stony Brook has assists on 32 of 78 field goals (41 percent) during its past three games.DID YOU KNOW: New Hampshire is ranked second among America East teams with an offensive rebound percentage of 29.8 percent. The Wildcats have averaged 11.7 offensive boards per game.___ Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditStony Brook (16-8, 7-2) vs. New Hampshire (10-11, 3-5)Lundholm Gym, Durham, New Hampshire; Saturday, 1 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Stony Brook goes for the season sweep over New Hampshire after winning the previous matchup in Stony Brook. The teams last met on Jan. 11, when the Seawolves shot 47.2 percent from the field while limiting New Hampshire’s shooters to just 23.9 percent en route to the 25-point victory. For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com