NewsMan charged with murder of Limerick motherBy Staff Reporter – April 1, 2015 630 A 41-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Limerick woman Margot Seery in 1994.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Howard Kelly, with an address at Osprey Apartments, Naas, Co. Kildare was arrested last Friday morning in the Kimmage area of Dublin before being brought to court.He was brought to Rathmines Garda station where he was charged with the murder of Margot Seery at Kenilworth Square in Dublin on October 8, 1994. Ms Seery was 49 at the time of her death.Kelly appeared before Judge Michael Walsh at Dublin District Court as Detective Garda Gabriel Duffy indicated that the matter would proceed by way of trial on indictment and that the book of evidence had yet to be completed.Given the nature of the charge, Judge Walsh said he would remand the defendant in custody to appear at Cloverhill District Court next week. Bail can only be adjudicated on by the High Court.Granting free legal aid, the Judge said he was taking account of the fact that defence solicitor Stephen Walsh said that Mr Kelly “has mental health difficulties” and he ordered that all medical assistance should be granted to the accused while in custody.The body of Margot Seery was exhumed from Rathkeale Cemetery on September 16, 2014 and taken to University Hospital Limerick where a post-mortem examination was performed by deputy State pathologist, Dr Michael Curtis.Following the post-mortem examination, the remains were re-interred and a man was arrested and questioned in relation to the death. A file was then prepared for the DPP which subsequently led to the charges being made against Howard Kelly. Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April TAGSfeaturedmargot seery First Irish death from Coronavirus Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended WhatsApp Linkedin Print No vaccines in Limerick yet Previous articleLaunch night for Limerick Film Festival 2015Next articleCraft your network at ‘Business After Hours’ Chamber event Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Email Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Advertisement Facebook Twitter Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR
As is the case most years, USC football will be well represented not only when draft day comes in late April, but also this weekend at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.Former running back Ronald Jones is participating in the combine. Photo by Emily Smith | Daily TrojanAfter sending eight athletes to the NFL Combine last year, USC will have six former players working out in front of scouts through the weekend at Lucas Oil Stadium. Included among those in attendance are quarterback Sam Darnold, wide receivers Steven Mitchell Jr. and Deontay Burnett, running back Ronald Jones II, linebacker Uchenna Nwosu and defensive lineman Rasheem Green.Like when he was playing in cardinal and gold, Darnold will certainly command most of the attention out of the Trojan draft prospects this weekend, if not the entire group of prospects working out in Indianapolis. In fact, he has already made headlines without performing a single workout due to his announcement Tuesday that he would not be throwing throughout the weekend.Although all the other top quarterback prospects such as Wyoming’s Josh Allen, UCLA’s Josh Rosen and former Oklahoma Sooner Baker Mayfield will be throwing in this year’s combine, there is precedent for Darnold’s decision. In 2014, both Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel elected to wait, as Darnold is, until their pro day workout to throw passes in front of scouts. Clearly, it didn’t hurt their draft stock too drastically as both would go on to be first-round picks in the ensuing draft.Beyond the 2017 Rose Bowl MVP, the balance of the USC contingency will have a lot to prove in front of the NFL scouts this weekend. According to his most recent mock draft, Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller has Darnold as his top pick while the rest of the Trojan combine invitees are listed as being drafted outside of the first round.Jones II, the Pac-12’s second leading rusher from this past season, is projected to go off the board early in the second round while Nwosu, a USC defensive captain who tied for 10th in the FBS in sacks, is expected to hear his name called later in the second round. Furthermore, co-sacks leader Green is projected to be an early third-round pick in Miller’s projections.No two players have as much to prove heading into this weekend as Trojan wideouts Burnett and Mitchell Jr., as they are expected to be fifth-round and undrafted prospects, respectively. Putting up an impressive stat-line of 86 catches for 1,114 yards and nine scores in 2017, Burnett finished the season in the top three among Pac-12 receivers and well within the top-20 nationally.For Mitchell Jr., he will have to work hard to convince scouts that a track record of injury will not impact his NFL value. Never topping 650 yards in any of his four seasons at Southern Cal, Mitchell Jr. suffered a major knee injury in his 2016 campaign that cut his season short at seven games and proved to limit his snaps at times this past season.A year ago, USC similarly sent two receivers to the scouting combine: Juju Smith-Schuster and Darreus Rogers. The former was selected in the second round while the latter ended up not being drafted.Jones II will work out on Friday while Darnold, Mitchell Jr. and Burnett will perform on Saturday, and Green and Nwosu will check in on Sunday.